Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lille...

Lille... I'm here for three days, this is the end of the second day. I managed to get a WiFi connection from the hotel room but couldn't get it working on Linux so I switched the work laptop to Windows temporarily.

I got lost three times on the way. I mean, in England every road is marked with the road number (M25, A14, B1040) and where it is heading - this way you can easily follow a route without really knowing where you are. Here, the only thing you have is cities and places. After I got out of Eurotrain, I got lost and started heading south, almost immediately because the road sign was not clear. Then I realised my mistake (lost 40 minutes overall) and went back. Then at Dunkirk, I managed to miss A26 junction and lost an other 10 minutes. When I arrived at Lille, very quickly I got lost and had to ask for directions. Incredibly, the guy was working where I was heading to so we had an amicable agreement, he pointed the way, I gave him a lift.

Tomorrow - Belgium. 'ere I come!

No comments: