Wednesday, January 17, 2007

State of the disharmony 20070117

Mood: Miserable

Listening to: Quirks and Quarks from Canada

Location: Starbucks at Borders, Cambridge

Real time: 19:45


The weather sucks. It was raining miserably, it might flood in St. Ives again.

It's a shame, during the break I was so depressed, I wouldn't be bothered even if the weather was nice. Last three weeks it usually rained but there were a couple of days when the weather was fine and clear but I was sort of depressed. It goes in opposites, if the weather sucks, I'm better, if the weather is nice... Well...

At least I have my nice laptop now but I'm really afraid to use it out in the open, what if it gets wet or I drop it - especially after MJ's laptop disaster today.

On the other hand, I love Stellarium, it is brilliant and it would really look nice if I use it, especially with a web cam or the camera connected to it directly.

I also had too much junk today, I should go out for a walk for an hour, well, what else do I have to do?

Hydrogen works fine now. The sound card is really crap and Jack won't work recording and playing at the same time - which is sort of nice, I'll be only mixing on this thing but this also means that I have to upgrade and maintain the desktop. Since I got this laptop mainly to get rid of two of the desktops, this really sucks.

I have to find a couple of Ardour tutorials, try out some of the other software and find out how this mixing stuff actually works.

Time to go, I'm running out of time. I had my coffee, I have to go back to the car and pick up the power supplies.

No comments: