Friday, May 25, 2007

200705242018 on the eurostar

Location: Eurostar speeding towards England
Mood: Depressive and extremely tired


This has been a distastrous week.

First... I had a very poorly tested software.
Second... I forgot my passport at home and found about it when I was just about to check into Eurostar.
Third... After postponing the trip to Tuesday morning, I forgot to phone the hotel to talk about the reservation.
Fourth... I had a lot of problems with WebSphere shite.
Fifth... I found about the cancelled reservation, it took a while to find an other hotel room since it looked like all of Lille was fully booked.
Sixth... The second day wasn't that good either (but I did have some progress and finally ended up with one serious problem.
Seventh... I was asked to stay an other day, which I was completely cool about but the only hotel that had a room was a single star and it was VERY basic. Unbeliveable BASIC. (At least that night I had a good dinner with my colleauges and had some fun).
Eighth... WebSphere is still a pile of shite.
Ninth... Finally, after managing to escape, I find out that the return ticket for Eurostar WOULD NOT STOP AT ASHFORD. FUCK FUCK FUCK! I had to beg and beg, finally they gave me a seat on the next train, A FULL TWO HOURS LATER! Well, the Eurostar staff were brilliant, polite and helpful, I am really grateful.
Tenth... I dunno.. Something's bound to go wrong.

Update: Tenth... Fuck it! You can't make this up. After I got out of Darmouth tunnel, a huge HGV tried to run over my Volvo! He pushed me into the next lane, I hardly controlled the car. If there were any traffic on the lane I was pushed into, it would be a very serious accident. It's so fucking unbelievable. Also roadworks on M11 and M25 made the journey far too long with heavy delays. This sucks.

No comments: