Friday, May 25, 2007

200705242030_slightly_more_relaxed_now

I love the channel tunnel. OTOH, I have serious issues with the train operators. They treat it like an airplane, whereas it isn't. It isn't that fully booked either, about half of the seats are empty right now. OK, it is middle-of-the-week late evening run but still you would have expected more people on it. I bet more people are flying between Brussels, London and Paris I write this thing. Also there aren't a lot of trains - I mean why would they, this carriage is half empty. On the other hand, they could have reduced the ticket prices and increase the frequency of the trains, more people would use it. It would really make a difference and it is much more civilised.

On the other hand... It's quite hard to get to. I mean, it starts at Waterloo, which is a pain in the ass to get to, or you can (maybe) get a train from Ashford but then you have to drive to Ashford, which is a significant distance for me (round trip around 200 miles) which sucks.

Technomaniac note: There's a problem with the focus on the laptop, quite a lot of times clicking doesn't actually grab the focus - it really pisses me off but I'm too tired to get angry about.

We're about to enter the tunnel, we've slowed down considerably now. The sun is setting and it's crystal clear. I should have been at home, observing.

Wohoo, the sun is beautiful, straight at the horizon... Or was.. Now we're going into the tunnel, I won't be able to see it again I think.

Now we're under the sea. I love this thing. Such an engineering feat, it should be used by more people, more often and the prices should be cheaper (so that even more people will be using it). They can make money by selling fuel and snacks, it'd be quite lucrative.

No comments: