Sunday, October 14, 2007

blogging is hard

It is incredibly hard to blog regularly. At least for me. When I was on holiday, I tried to make notes of what I've been upto and what I've been doing. Since I wasn't online, I couldn't post them immediately. I am back, I've been online for the last two weeks but I haven't written anything down.

I am gearing to get ready to write stuff. I wrote a couple of scifaikus last week, if I can find the notebook I scribbled them on, I shall post them. I was checking the haiku blog and the last time I blogged one was in May. I was planning to write at least one a day.

And there's the NaNoWriMo. This time I want to get active. I might even make podcasts out of it.

I managed to order two microphones (an AT-2020 and an Shure SM58 with a mic stand) finally. I hope they arrive quickly. I am also setting a PC with the Studio64 amd64 version. I've already plugged the PCI M-Audio interface to it. I am going to plug a couple of the channels from the desk to that machine and make that one the recording machine. It will be easy. I might have to get a couple of more (and longer) balanced jack cables since that machine is on an other desk, I don't want to use the other mixer for now - that has a separate owner. I still have to think about the routings but it will be OK, there's four buses on thix mixer and I haven't burned any new channels recently. :( My Behringer mixer sucks.

Anyway... I need to keep my spirits high, I am planning for a lot of changes in my life in the next couple of months.

No comments: