Saturday, October 06, 2007

Coheed and Cambria - The Second Stage Turbine Blade

Finally I have it! Found it in Fopp today (strange, didn't they go bust a couple of weeks ago?).
Ripping it now to listen it with the mp3 players while travelling. I listened the first couple of songs and it's good. Wonderful cover art, all in green and grey tones, an insect and a couple at the back of the dust cover. When you take it out, there is no writing at all. When you open it, there's a good illustration of a girl and a young man, are these Coheed and Cambria? Maybe.

I thought I had the Coheed and Cambria comic somewhere, I hope I can find it.

These guys are great - they should be known more, be famous and produce more albums but since they're falling apart, that's not really possible.

This is supposed to be older than "In Keeping the Secrets Of Earth" but the audio quality, especially drums and the guitar sound seems to be worse, somewhat expected. I thought this version might have been re-engineered but it appears not to be, at least to my ears - I'd do something about the drum's sound, the snare is very very thin, I'd prefer a much fuller snare drum voice. On the other hand, the guitar work is really good and so far I've listened to the CD (track 5), it's been extremely good!

No comments: