Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tired

Went to Oxford today, very very pretty, much like Cambridge but in some ways grander, some ways more basic. I only wandered around for an hour or so and looked around the high street and didn't wander around the Colleges but it was a recce mission more than anything else, to figure out how to get there, what is where and all those are now figured out, I'll be spending more time next time. One lesson: Use the park&ride. As opposed to Cambridge, Oxford's inner roads are completely unusuable. Getting to the multi-story car park in the middle was such a pain, I should have never attempted. Also breaking a jar of pickles right in the middle didn't increase my annoyance.

It is way better than Wycombe center but a bit further away but still, 30 min drive is not that bad, I am used to the likes of it, I just have to make sure about the park&ride costs and latest bus times. I will probably like it over here, I should try London next weekend.

PS: OK, I am annoyed with the Blogger now since it bounced my email blog submission back and I have to redo this over the web interface. If you don't have a service that works, don't offer it asshats!

No comments: