Tuesday, March 04, 2008

200803011058

In Oxford, Starbucks on the high street again.
Ate a nice mushroom and cheese pannini and drowned a large cup of coffee. I feel much better now.

I have the A590 on the table, it's a beautiful piece of kit, I love the LCD and it has all of the defaults and the manual control and the manual control is quite usable.

A nice indian chick is sitting across me with a huge HP laptop, I wonder what is she working on. I brought some C nd Java books with the Eee so I hope to look at a couple of chapters of the stuff, I hope I can.

Recently I find writing quite hard work, the things don't come easy. The plots are not going anywhere and I seem to be stuck with lots of ideas about mil-SF with disastrous endings. I can't find anything that's cheerful. I normally hate mil-SF but a lot of my imaginations are about it which is a strange thing, I really dislike reading apart from a couple of very good books like Starship Troopers and Sheakley's Armour (I hope I remembered his name OK, I can't get a WiFi connecton so I can't check for it at the moment grrr - there is a wifi cloud but I can't get any DHCP addresses.

It must be colder than I thought, people are wearing quite heavy clothings. Since the laptop didn't connect to the network, I couldn't check it and only have a T-Shirt and a fleece, it will be OK. I hope.

I need to work.

No comments: