Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why Orson Scott Card sucks

Initially I really liked Orson Scott Card's books. Ender's Game was a brilliant concept, well written and conceived. As I read more, I found more books I was fond of. Slowly I realised that he had a serious agenda lurking in the background, mainly his Mormon values. Finally one day I left one of his books in the middle of it, being sick of his values. I can stomach poligamy and "Honour your Father (or elders, authority) without question" only to a degree. It seriously sucked.

John Scalzi posted a nice article about same sex marriage and points to OSC's disgusting rant.

Orson Scott Card's political ideas stink. Unfortunately his books reek of these as well. That's it. I shall never read an other OSC book apart from the good old Ender's Game (and I have to admit, every time I reread that book I find an other one of these gems in it - like the government is so bad because Ender's parents are not allowed to breed like rabbits!).

No comments: