Saturday, June 09, 2007

This story must win the Hugo award!

I just listened to Impossible Dreams by Tim Pratt.
Now, I have this story sitting in my bookcase. I haven't read the Asimov's it got published in (July 2006). This is a shame. I should have read it before. It rocks!

You can read it here or listen it to here, on the brilliant Escape Pod.

Go and donate some money to Escape Pod, I always do. Steve does a brilliant job. I've been listenin gto Escape Pod since single-digit episode numbers. It is really really good. Go get it! Right now.

This story is the best story in this year's Hugo nominee short stories. The rest are all fall flat compared to this brilliant story.

I love well written alt-timeline stories.

Kudos to Steve Eley for bringing the Hugo nominees to audio for free.

No comments: