Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Robotech Shadow Chronicles

Yuck...
I'm about 5 min into it and it already sucks.
The animation is sub-par, especially compared with the rich and beautiful Macross Zero.
Where Macross Zero animation was done very nicely with a good story in the background, this is done very cheaply, with very very cheap 3D animation - especially with the advances in the 3D animation, this 2006 movie is just rubbish.
The character designs are really crappy and don't get me started with the voice actors, utterly terrible and done w/o any feeling. It's very obvious that they're just reading lines from their scripts without much practice - I never liked anime in English in any case - they simply don't have much of a talent generally. It's a sad thing because I know from Japanese originals in general (and from my childhood, Turkish anime dubs) how well it can be done.

The last thing is, how did they design the bodies? Even for an animation, they look so unreal, it's unbelievable. The mens are all triangle shaped and don't get me started on the boobs, come on, even on worse deformed-characters in Japanese anime, boobs look real!

11 minutes into the thing... My feelings are the same: Utter rubbiiiiishhh!

No comments: