Saturday, February 09, 2008

200802091106 Oxford

Woke up quite early even though I went to bed rather late.
Then I dragged myself out of the house to a glorious cold winter morning with no clouds and frost all around me. After defrosting and scraping the thin layer of frost from the windows and a quick refill at the Stokenchurch filling station, I headed Oxford following the A40. It wasn't very interesting, I should have chosen the Mway but it didn't make a big difference. I left the car in Park&Ride and for a reasonable fare of £2.20, headed to cetral Oxford.

It was a deserted place, just before 9am, now I am sitting upstairs in a Starbucks,watching the street down below and it's getting more and more crowded. I don't have much of a plan for today, the main target is out of the way (getting the address changed in one of my banks). I can afford to be lazy.

Things not to do are:
-Buy more books
-Eeat sweets an pastries.

I had a nice panini and a skimmed cappucino, next time I'll get an espresso instead of these. Skimmed or not, there is still a lot of milk but this has been the first reasonable amount of milk I've had in a week.

I am thining of finding where the tourist info is and getting a map of Oxford. Maybe... I know where the high street is and that's good enough for shopping purposes. On the other hand, I want to do a bit of sightseeing as well - I have the camera and the eee with me which means I can shoot some pics and write some flash fiction.

I seriously want to be able to write more often an better. Haikus are OK but they don't give me the time to describe what I'm feeling.

The story I've started to write is not going anywhere, I have a couple of other ideas, I'll start writing one of those. On the other hand, I realise that most of the plotlines I'm thinking are quite dark - it must be something I've been supressing somehow. I can't think of a single cheerful plotline - the one in my mind is about a person trying to survive a space-wreck and he'll die in the end, feeling lonely and deperate.

One thing about this Starbucks, the girls here are gorgeous! I should come here more often damnit. :-)

No comments: