Friday, February 15, 2008

On the way to Londojn

First time to take this road to London - I'm on the Chiltern line train to marleybone. It's not even 8 yet, I sdtarted too early today. I forgot my mobiles at home so that's a bummer but I'll manage to meet with my colleauge eventually, I have the map and the contact information.

The train is hotter than I expected, I should have chosen a lighter set of clothes today but you never now. Anyway, I have 2 hours to get there and I've been on the train for more than 10 mins so far, it takes approx 35 min to get to the London end of the line.

This is quite good actuallym the train is getting more crowded but when I got on it it was almost empty therefore I have a nice window-side seat.

It's a bleak day with high cover, everything is in shades of gray which is not nice. I'd prefer to see some green shiing at me but it won't happen.

Anyway, Wel'll see soon how today goes. I hope to be able to leave somewhat early and then goof aroun London a while but it doesn't matter, I might do the same tomorrow or on Sunday - it's quite close to London and the train ticket is reasoably priced - peak time travelcard costs only £25 which is very reasonable.

I also liked going to Oxford and back and I am torn between London or Oxford decision. Oxford travel takes less, cossts less but London might have more opportunities as I learn what's where and what's available - even after all this time in England, I don't know London at all.

No comments: