Sunday, February 10, 2008

American poli-ticks

I hope Democrats win - the world can't take an other one or two term neo-republicans.

What gets me is two of the most unelectable people are getting the best votes in the primary.

One is a woman.

The other one is black.

Both are red signs in American politics.

I'd love to have them a black AND female president but I'll settle for either option but I hope it will be Obama. The guy is very charismatic, down to earth and does make sense, was against the war from day one and he'll do good.

Unfortunately the mess GWB is leaving them is very very large and I don't think either of the candidates will have the time to undo all of the harm GWB has inflicted all over the world.

Some people ask me why are you so interested in American Politics and the real answer is they affect me more than what a New Labour or Tory government can do. That's the problem, these people are very powerful, inflict damage on billions on other countries and go around starting wars - a power that's used for good will be beneficial to all.

Because of GWB policies, I can't take water into a plane, I have to take my shoes off in Stansted, wait in long loong queues in Heathrow. Because of their plans, I will be asked to give my fingerprint before I can even apply for a visa to go and see my sister and brother-in law. Because of their plans UK government is wasting billions of pounds in fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan and the UK Astronomy research is being shut down because of a measly £80M short.

GWB and his cronies are the worst thing to come since Adolf Hitler and his mob invading here and there (Hi Godwin!) but they need to be removed and replaced with something way better and I really hope Obama will fit the mold.

There you go, my first political blog-rant.

No comments: