Friday, February 15, 2008

On the way back...

I am owner of a signed copy of Stross' Accelerando. Yay!

On the way back, I detoured to Oxford Street and wandered around a bit as a discovery for next month, found the Borders in Oxford Street, Forbidden Planet and China Town, looked around in Soho but didn't search for Wagamama and left that for later (I've had already eaten therefore didn't want to eat even more.

Anyway, then I headed back to the train station and caught the train just fine,. Now I'm on the way back home but by the time I get home there won't be any regular buses so I might as well hang around a bit, I don't know, maybe I should take a taxi or something. We'll see - the shoes I'm wearing are useless and my feet are already hurting.

If only I had the blackberry with me, grrr, it'd be much easier, I'd have much fun now. Anyway, enough is enough.

I am listening to Escape Pod after a long time, One reasonable and one good story so far, I'm not really liking this one but I'll listen to it, Sturgeon's law apply but these are usually better than the average.

It appears that during the chaos of the move, I've forgot to buy some magasines and I have missed a coupe of magazines one of them is for March already! I should have doublechecked what I have and what I should have.

I am thistry, I haven't had something to drink for the last couple of hours and I've had some junk instead, no wonder - also the underground was quite hot and humid, as usual.

London was crowded - Oxford Street was doubly crowded, I don't think I can stand it for longg so it's nice to live far away. I am not excited to see crowds, shops nor buildings, give me some nice scenery and I'll exchange the whole thing.

I sometimes miss Cambridge's smallness, cuteness and beauty - the colleges and everything made it very very pretty. Oxford is nice but it feels much bigger and industrialized. It's an impression so it's probably not true.

I don't know much about London after all these years, I don't even know the touristic places which is a shame. At least this place is closer and I can cycle to the station and back, it's 15 min max, and can visit London during the weekends. Today I had dressed for work therefore I couldn't risk cycling and getting muddy. It was quite cold in the morning in any case and I am too lazy to cycle when it is that cold.

No comments: